In honour of it being Valentine’s, I decided to share Logan’s favourite cookies that I always made him for special occasions like Valentine’s Day. Unlike my last cookie recipe this one isn’t really for the lazy person. These cookies are a bit of work but are so worth it.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
1 1/3 Cup Butter
1 ½ Cup White Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
3 Tablespoons Milk
4 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
Sugar Cookie Icing Ingredients:
½ Cup Softened Butter
3 Cups Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Milk
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1. Cream Butter, White Sugar, and Vanilla together.
2. Add in Eggs, Milk, Baking Powder, and Salt. Mix it up!
3. Slowly add in 1 Cup of Flour at a time and continue to mix.
4. Once it is all mixed together, dump it out of the bowl and use your hands to form a large dough ball. You might need to wet your hands or add flour depending on the consistency of the dough.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it chill for a minimum of an hour.
6. Once the dough is finished chilling, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
7. Dust a surface in flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. You may need to coat the rolling pin in flour as well. Add flour as needed over the dough.
8. Once you have the dough rolled out to your desired thickness (I usually roll to the thinner side) you can cut out the dough with your desired shapes!
9. Place the cookies directly onto a cookie pan (the cookies are very buttery so they will slide right off) and cook for 6 minutes! (Use your discretion if your cookies are thicker, they may need more time).
10. While your cookies are baking and cooling it’s time to make the icing! (Cookies must be completely cool or the icing will melt everywhere)
11. Cream 1/2 cup soft butter with 2 cups icing sugar.
12. Beat 1 teaspoon of Vanilla and 2 tablespoons of Milk into the mixture! Slowly add in the last cup of icing sugar.
13. OPTIONAL - Gradually add more milk into icing until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
14. OPTIONAL - Add food coloring to the icing to make your cookies pretty!
15. FOR A CHOCOLATE ICING, add 1/3 cup sifted cocoa powder to the first addition of icing sugar
16. Now that everything is done ice and decorate your cookies and don’t forget to share them!